Notes on Medford, Oregon Knights of Pythias Talisman Lodge #31

A Very Incomplete Lodge History

© 2006-2011 Ben Truwe, truwe[at]mind.net. All rights reserved.
Last revised May 10, 2012

 

On June 13, 2006, as part of my background research for the Fred Alton Haight diary, I visited Knights of Pythias Talisman Lodge #31 at its current home at 2301 Upper River Road Loop, Grants Pass. Lodge Secretary Bruce A. Stevens graciously allowed me to take notes from the original meeting minutes and Roster of Knighthood for the years between 1901 and 1921. For more on Talisman Lodge events, knights and ceremonies, see the diary.

If anyone should be interested in pursuing research into members of Talisman Lodge, Bruce let me know that these volumes will eventually revert to the state organization.

Following are my notes.

April 7, 1892 Medford Mail

April 7, 1892 Medford Mail

Talisman Lodge Locations:

September 1895: Sharing the Masonic Lodge in Sam Rosenthal's Rialto Block, north side of east main just off central. (Medford Mail, September 20, 1895, page 1)

May 1901: Move to Johnson-Childers Building, 318 E. Main (Medford Mail, May 17, 1901, page 7)

Circa 1904: J-C Building sold to J. C. Smith (Medford Mail, August 23, 1907, page 1)

pre-1906: Smith's Hall on North Grape--see 3/16/1906 reference below.

pre-1906: Main: "Smith & Molony have leased their former quarters in the old K. of P. building on Seventh Street to French & Co., of Portland, who will soon establish a grocery and feed store there." (MM6/22/1906p5)

1906 city directory: “south 7th near A” (Johnson-Childers building at 318 E. Main, marked “lodge rooms” on 1907 Sanborn Fire Insurance map). J-C building reportedly sold to KofP in 1901. 

1911-1916 Jackson County directories: 123 E. Main

An ad for domestic science lectures in the October 17, 1913 Mail Tribune (page 3) lists the venue as "K. of P. Hall over Moe & Co." J. N. Moe & Co. was at 125 E. Main

A sheet of letterhead pasted into the 1920 minutes gives the lodge address as 125 West Main

On April 18, 1921 the lodge voted 106 to 27 to build a lodge at 6th and Holly (over three other possible locations). The lodge may not have been built at this location.

On July 12, 1927, the Medford Mail Tribune reported that the lodge has sold the 6th and Holly lot and the previous evening accepted a plan "submitted by Knight Carl Fichtner to build a second story of 75x100 feet on his business building at Sixth and Fir streets now housing the Medford Vulcanizing Works and Fichtner's Garage."

The 1927 Sanborn Fire Insurance map shows the Knights of Pythias hall upstairs at 117-127 West Main (near the southeast corner of Main and Grape), above an auto showroom.

The August 3, 1930 Medford Mail Tribune (page 3) reports the purchase of the Woodmen of the World hall by the Knights of Pythias.

A March 15, 1940 Medford News article (page 1) announces a dial telephone demonstration at the Knights of Pythias hall, "at Fifth and Grape streets."

The 1950 Sanborn Fire Insurance map shows the Knights of Pythias hall at 145 North Grape (northwest corner of Fifth and Grape).

 

Notes from the Newspapers and Minutes

Medford Mail, November 17, 1893, page 3:
The Knights of Pythias order of this city are arranging to give their fourth annual ball on Christmas night. Those occasions have heretofore been ones of much pleasure, and this one now promised will surely be nothing less.

Medford Mail, March 23, 1894, page 3:
Another Pythian Social.
   
A few weeks ago we wrote quite at length regarding a social given by the Knights of Pythias of Medford. This affair was a most pleasant one, but the occasion of their second social, given last Monday evening, was so far superior in every respect as to lose the first in the oblivion of forgetfulness. There were fully seventy-five members and invited friends present, and to say that they all enjoyed themselves is but to mention it in a very moderate degree when it should be written in the superlative. The occasion was not only one of sociability, but a goodly part of the evening was taken up with a literary and musical program. At about the hour when the clock on the mantle sounded the eighth stroke, Chancellor Commander G. A. Merriman announced the opening of the evening's program. First was a song by the Medford male quartette, composed of Messrs. N. L. Narregan, D. T. Lawton, E. Phipps and E. C. Wells; following this was prayer by Rev. A. S. Foster, and after this was instrumental music by Miss Myrtle Hart. Rev. J. Merley was then called upon for a speech, and the gentleman responded with a willingness which told plainly of the deep interest he felt in the Pythian order, of which he is a member. He spoke quite at length, but so interesting and ennobling were his remarks that all regretted their close. Judging from the trend of the reverend gentleman's discourse one could not but reach the conclusion that the Pythian Knight who lives up to the teachings of his order is made a better man to his family, to himself and to his fellow man. First in his estimation of uplifting organizations came his church, but closely following and allied to the church was the order of Knights of Pythias. Another song by the male quartette was most favorably received, and following this was a declamation by Percy DeGroot, he whose renditions are pleasing and always loudly applauded; a very finely rendered solo by Mrs. A. S. Foster followed, and after this another song by the quartette. Miss Grace Foster then gave a very nicely rendered solo, and following which was a pleasing declamation by little Elna Wait--the program closing with another song by the male quartette. The exercises thus far had been of a nature belonging to the most refined, and well selected--and appreciated--but the social part was yet to come. Chancellor Commander Merriman then announced that a taffy pull would be indulged in just so soon as the taffy could be gotten in proper trim for the puller, and he invited all to turn in and have a good, social time with their neighbor in the interval--and that was just what they did, and everybody talked and laughed with everybody else, and a happier crowd you never saw. There wasn't a person in the castle hall but was having just a little more fun than anyone else. The taffy was soon brought in and distributed among the guests, and the pulling process was inaugurated. It was a very timid pull at first, but it soon developed into a haul, and the haul was largely of taffy from one another. After several large panfuls of this article had been distributed and pulled until the puller was completely fatigued and the substance of the pull had faded from view, the party adjourned, but not until all had expressed their gratitude toward the order for the evening's most pleasant entertainment--and with one accord they exclaimed, "Long live and prosper the Pythian Knights."
    The members of the order desire us to express, for them, their gratitude to those who kindly and ably assisted in making the social so complete a success.
    We had hoped to find room to print the names of all present, but upwards of seventy-five is too long a list to find space for.

Medford Mail, May 17, 1901, page 7:
Monday evening the Knights of Pythias moved their goods and chattels to their new hall, which they recently purchased from Guy Childers, and are now comfortably domiciled therein. They are furnishing the lodge room with new carpets, etc., and later on will make other improvements tending to beautify their new home. They will use both rooms on the second floor--one for a lodge room and the other for a banquet hall, which will be fitted up for this purpose. There is but one other order in Medford which owns its hall--the Odd Fellows--and the fact that the K. of P. boys are able to defray the expenses of the order and have money left to invest, speaks volumes for the stability of their order. They have over ninety members at present and are steadily acquiring new ones.

Medford Mail, June 14, 1901, page 2:
Knights of Pythias Hall Directory.
    The K. of P. boys are more than jubilant since they have moved into their new hall. Much of this jollification is due to the fact that they have been most fortunate in finding renters for their hall nearly every night in the week. The rentals received from other societies will just about pay the interest on their investment, and they will make the saving of their own rent. Following is given a directory of meeting nights of the different societies:
    Knights of Pythias, every Monday night.
    Modern Woodmen, first and third Tuesdays of each month.
    Women of Woodcraft, second and fourth Tuesdays.
    G.A.R., second and fourth Wednesdays.
    W.R.C., second and fourth Wednesday afternoons.
    Woodmen of the World, Thursday of each week.
    Fraternal Brotherhood, every Friday.
    Fraternal Union, every Saturday.
    It will be seen by the above that only the first and third Wednesday nights of the month are not taken.

"City Happenings," Medford Mail, July 19, 1901, page 7:
   
The recently installed officers in Talisman lodge No. 31, K. of P., are Asa Fordyce, CC; E. D. Elwood, VC; J. A. Perry, P; W. E. Phipps, MA; Robt. Lawton, IG.

"City Happenings," Medford Mail, December 13, 1901, page 7:
   
The K. of P. boys and the K. of P. boys' girls and wives, to the number of about sixty, had a most delightful social time at lodge hall on Monday evening of this week. This was the regular meeting night of the lodge, but all business was sidetracked and the entire evening was given over to a continual round of good time. Various games of cards were played together with crokinole and other amusements. Some enjoyed a few whirls to waltz music in the banquet hall adjoining--and everybody had lots of fun--and the boys felt pretty good because they were Knights, while the ladies were elated because of the fact that they were so intimately associated with such a crowd of gallant young men--who to them are knights always, either inside or outside the lodge room. Refreshments were also furnished and were partaken of with a relish that would give Delmonico spasms.

"City Happenings," Medford Mail, March 7, 1902, page 7:
   
The members of Talisman lodge No. 31, Knights of Pythias, are figuring on having an exceptionally good time at banquet hall Monday evening, the occasion being the serving of an oyster supper. Some few weeks ago a proposition was made at a meeting of the lodge which was in effect that the chancellor commander and vice chancellor commander choose sides and the two sides enter into a contest in their quest for new members for a given length of time. The proposition was accepted, and the commanders of the opposing sides chose lieutenants to assist them in their work from the members of the lodge--and the battle royal began. The losing party, or the side securing the lesser number of applicants, was to furnish an oyster supper to all the members of the lodge, including the newly acquired candidates. The time limit expired last Monday night and Vice Chancellor Commander J. A. Perry and his lieutenants were declared the winners, having secured seventeen applications, while Chancellor Commander E. D. Elwood and his aides secured but seven. It was decided by the winning side that oysters would be quite to their liking at a time of even date with next Monday night, March 10th, while the losing side began multiplying the price of an oyster supper for one by two (a numeral as high as four may be required in this multiplication) and have promised to do the banquet grand upon this occasion. There ought to be no hopples on any member of the lodge sufficient to prevent his attendance.

Medford Mail, April 14, 1905, page 5:
Among the new business buildings under consideration is one where the Rialto cigar store is now located. Karnes & Ritter, the owners of the property, are figuring on building a two-story brick, 102 feet in length, with a twenty-five-foot front. . . . The first story of this building will be used by Messrs. Karnes & Ritter, and the second story will have a suite of office rooms in front and back of this, in all probability, will be located the home of Talisman Lodge No. 31, K. of P. There will be a chapel 25x61 in size, a banquet room 18x35 feet and two anterooms, each 11x12 feet.

Medford Mail, January 12, 1906, page 5:
Talisman Lodge K. of P. have moved into their new lodge room in the Karnes & Ritter-Kelly building and the members of the lodge are congratulating themselves and the order over having one of the nicest lodge rooms in Southern Oregon. The main lodge room occupies the full width of the rear of the upper floor of the building and is twenty-eight feet wide by forty-five feet long. In addition there is a commodious banquet room, with anterooms and closets necessary to the work of the lodge. The floor is carpeted with Brussels carpet and nothing has been omitted in the way of furnishings to make it a comfortable and cheery fraternal home. The pedestals for the officers are in keeping with the rest of the fittings and are designed especially for the use of the K. of P. and no other order. They are made of native Oregon oak and manufactured by Weeks Bros.

Medford Mail, January 26, 1906, page 5:
Alf Weeks this week placed in position the new furniture for the K. of P. hall. Five fine native oak pedestals have been put in; also four large, massive officers' chairs. These articles of lodge fittings are unquestionably the best ever put into any lodge room in Medford--and we doubt if there are any better in the state. The design, workmanship and material cannot be excelled by any workmen in any country. The K. of P. lodge room is a place of beauty--and good to look upon. The lodge has expended fully $1000 in fitting up their new home.

Medford Mail, March 16, 1906, page 5
All socialists are requested to attend a meeting at the old K. of P. hall (Smith's hall) Tuesday evening, at 7:30, for the purpose of reorganization of the Socialist Club.

Medford Mail, July 6, 1906, page 5
Installation of officers of Talisman Lodge, K. of P., was held Monday night, but the ceremonies were curtailed considerably, owing to the heat and the fact that ice cream and fixin's were on tap in the banquet room. The ice cream hit just the proper spot, and the installation will be completed later on.

Medford Mail, August 23, 1907, page 1
"How We Grow.
"About three years ago Talisman Lodge, K. of P. sold their two-story building on 7th Street between A and B to J. C. Smith for $4000."

Medford Mail, December 6, 1907, page 2
"The order Woodmen of the World has moved from the hall known as the old K. of P. hall, on East Seventh Street, to the Angle opera house block and will occupy the Redmen hall."

Medford Mail Tribune, December 15, 1910, page 8
"KNIGHTS OF PYTHIAS HAVE HOUSE WARMING
"The Knights of Pythias hall was comfortably filled with local and visiting Knights and their friends last evening, when a hall warming was held, and everyone present had some word of appreciation of the merits of the order to offer.. The affair was strictly 'stag' and very informal. Every man who cared to do so (and most of them indulged) smoked as many good cigars as possible.
"Those present were seated at tables and shuffled the pasteboards. The committee in charge passed around lemonade, punch and cold lunch all the while the games were going. After the evening had advanced apace, a short program was given and under the 'good of the order' almost every man present had a few words to say. The evening was closed by singing the closing ode."

Minutes Dec. 31, 1917:
“After some music by brothers Haight and Rader, lodge adjourned with the understanding that we meet Wednesday evening, Jan. 2nd, 1918. . . .”

Minutes Oct. 8 , 1917:
“Brother B. J. Trowbridge reports an opportunity to rent the rooms commonly known as the Armory for $30.00 per month for two years with the privilege of 3 years more at $40.00. Motion was properly made and unanimously carried that we rent the quarters and B. J. Trowbridge was appointed a committee of one to close the deal and fix the lease papers.”

Minutes Jan. 14, 1918:
“In a few well chosen words P. G. C. Brother Wortman, on behalf of Talisman lodge presented brother Haight an official lapel button in token of the esteem and appreciation of this lodge for his services and ability on our behalf.”

Minutes April. 22, 1918:
“M. A. Rader tenders his resignation as K. R. S. as he is to move from Medford soon.”

Minutes April 29, 1918:
Paid to “Pottenger & Amy Hall Rent 3 mo to July 1st 1918 $90.00”

Minutes Jan. 13, 1919:
“Under Good of the Order Brother Haight favored us with several very fine Instrumental Selections.”

Minutes, Aug 18, 1919:
“Our committee on entertainment surprised us with a musical treat of rare Excellence consisting of Instrumental Solos by Miss Elizabeth Gore & Vocal Solos by Mrs Scudder.”

Minutes, Feb. 23, 1920:
“Brother A. J. Vance gave us a two hour talk on his observations & experiences in the Service of his Country & after the Armistice was Signed. Covering travel through France Italy & Belgium. The Subject  was so Interesting to all that an Invitation was extended Brother Vance to give us another chapter of his experiences at a near future date.”

Minutes, March 22, 1920:
“Short talks on Good of the Order. Some choice musical Selections & the Eats occupied the time till the small hours of the morning. All expressed themselves as having been well entertained & voiced the hope that they might be permitted to attend many Roll Call meetings of Talisman Lodge.”

Minutes, March 29, 1920:
“This Meeting was the Occasion of a visit by Grand Chancellor Julian A. Hurley also an Open Meeting about 250 Knights & Wives Sisters Daughters & Sweethearts. Grand Chancellor Hurley made the talk of the evening. The Programme consisted of Readings – Music – Stunts – followed by Ice Cream & Cake.”

Medford Mail Tribune, January 18, 1921, page 3:
"KNIGHTS PYTHIAS HOLD INITIATION
Forty-one pages were proven in the rank of Esquire at last night’s session of the Knights of Pythias. The lesson of the rank was presented in a very masterly way and will linger long in the minds of the Esquires. The eats committee, headed by Knight Homer Keed, contributed materially to the enjoyment of the occasion, and at a late hour, two hundred good Knights lay down to sleep in quiet content with the remembrance of a perfect evening.”

Fred Alton Haight’s Membership Notes

From the Roster of Knighthood:

F. A. Haight, occupation: Musician
Ranks conferred: Page 2/22/1915, Esquire 5/10/1915, Knight 7/19/1915

From 2/22/1915 minutes: (handwritten into preprinted form) “By special dispensation application recd. & rank given [to Haight] same date." This was unusual. The only other candidate afforded this honor during these years was architect Frank Clark.

Suspended 6/25/1923, for non-payment of dues


1916 Lodge Roster

According to Nov. 13, 1916 minutes, as part of a membership drive the lodge membership was divided into two teams; “each contesting side will be entitled to one point for each new member.” “It is understood that the losing side is to furnish free of cost to the winning side a solid gold official lapel button K of P. to each member of the winning side who has brought in one or more members.” The teams consisted of the following Knights, comprising presumably a complete membership roster for November 1916:

[Team One]
Alenderfer, O. O.
Anderson, Bert
Barkdull, J. E.
Beal, Asa
Brown, S. I.
Brownlee, J.
Butler, J. H.
Cherry, George W.
Danielson, Vic.
DeArmond, H. L.
Erickson, M. L.
Estes, Rankin
Gardner, G. A.
Garretson, A. R.
Gilbert, Van R.
Godlove, J. C.
Gould, G. G.
Haight, F. A.
Hale, J. F.
Haney, B. E.
Harrison, J. H.
Harrison, J. T.
Haswell, H. T.
Hinman, L. E.
Isaacs, W. F.
Jaqua, E. W.
Kelly, E. E.
Kershaw, J. L.
Lunge, F. N.
McKee, E.
McMurtry, Clyde
Molony, J. P.
Mulkey, B. F.
Olmstead, J. E.
Palmer, John
Perl, John A.
Phipps, I.
Porter, E. H.
Putney, G. H.
Rader, M. A.
Reynolds, O. E.
Rinabarger, C. A.
Saunders, C. E.
Schmidt, E. F.
Singler, W. H.
Smith, J. C.
Sowers, R. H.
Steel, Will R.
Thayer, F. G.
Thomas, C. M.
Trowbridge, Ben J., Chmn.
Trowbridge, E. G. Jr.
Vance, A. J.
Watkins, C. B.
Weeks, Alf
Welch, E. A.
West, George H.
Wold, Jonas
Woods, W. W. 

[Team Two]
Allen, W. D.
Arnspiger, Olen
Baker, W. P.
Baldwin, C.
Beach, R. G.
Bliss, David
Borden, N. W.
Boyd, C. R.
Branham, H. M.
Bunch, R. A.
Collins, B. M.
Conrad, John T.
Cunningham, A. B.
Damon, L. L.
Dent, J. E.
Dodge, John
Earhart, W. C.
Earl, R. J.
Ebel, R. R.
Ewing, R. L.
Flynn, T. K.
Gates, C. E.
Gifford, T. J.
Gore, E. E.
Harper, G. R.
Harrison, C. W., Chmn.
Henselman, J. H.
Hubbard, A. C.
Klien, E. J.
Klocker, A. J.
Lane, C. J.
Lindley, F. G.
Loder, F. F.
Mackey, H. C.
Manning, O. A.
McGraw, N. L.
Mego, L. P.
Moffat, Thomas
Neff, P. J.
Newman, F. J.
Offutt, William N.
Pearson, Carl
Phlegar, John
Pierce, George E.
Purdin, M.
Ray, C. R.
Rice, E. C.
Roads, C. F.
Roberts, George M.
Schulz, W. H.
Sherman, F. L.
Staub, William N.
Stearns, R. W.
Stewart, James
Trautfether, Charles
Trowbridge, H. G. Sr.
Van Horn, J. G.
Wilson, E. W.
Wortman, H. G.

A similar membership drive was conducted in 1920:
“ELECT E. E. GORE COMMANDER OF K. OF P. LODGE
    “There was a very large attendance at the regular meeting of Talisman Lodge Knights of Pythias Monday night, it being the occasion of the election of officers for the ensuing term. E. E. Gore, one of Medford’s most popular business men was unanimously elected chancellor commander as a fitting tribute and recognition of his loyalty and untiring efforts in the cause of Pythianism. The other officers elected were: W. R. Gaylord, vice chancellor; J. T. Perry, prelate; Ben J. Trowbridge, master of exchequer; C. W. Harrison, master of finance; E. F. Robinson, keeper of records and seals; Carl Fichtner, master of arms; C. B. Watkins, inner guard; L. L. Damon, outer guard, and George Gould, trustee.
    “After the election of officers the following candidates were found in waiting and were duly introduced and initiated into the mysteries of the rank of page: George Gates, George W. Laidley, Glenn Laidley, A. W. Lewis, and George W. Maddox.
    “In keeping with the principles of the lodge to put sunshine and gladness into the hearts of men, and in order that the children of this community might be the recipients of a practical exemplification of that principle, the lodge has decided to hold a public reception with a Christmas tree for the children of Medford at its Castle hall on December 24th at 2 p.m.
    “In view of the fact that the lodge membership is increasing very rapidly, it was decided to hold a membership contest by dividing the present membership in two teams, and the losing team to treat the winning team to a banquet the latter part of January. Ben J. Trowbridge and John Palmer were elected as captains of the opposing teams. The proceedings of the evening were concluded by a short recital by the efficient kitchen patrol consisting of Messrs. Cooper, Perry and Reed.”
[Medford Mail Tribune, December 8, 1920, p. 1]

Reconstructed Talisman Lodge 1920 Roster

I compiled a list of all lodge members mentioned in the "Roll of Officers" and minutes for Jan. 7, 1918 through July 25, 1921—the dates covered by the Haight diary. A comparison with the 1916 list confirms my suspicion that many names are misspelled.

This is not a complete membership roll, and many of the names below are applicants or transfers, a few of which may have been rejected or withdrawn.

Albright, Melvin Jackson
Anderson, Karl E.
Anderton, D.
Angle, O. E.
Arnspiger, Olen
Baker, Chester
Baker, R. Chester
Barber, W. E.
Barkdull, J. E.
Barney, Clarence O.
Barr, Orville E.
Barrows, Walter E.
Barton, Harold E.
Beach, R. G.
Bedingfield, J. A.
Beeson, Elton E.
Benedict, Fred R.
Billings, Ivin I.
Blasing, Walter E.
Blore, Frank S.
Bodenhamer, Lester
Bodenhammer, F. E.
Bodenheimer, Lester
Bonar, D. A.
Bonney, George M.
Borden, Newton W.
Bowman, Carl D.
Boyd, C. R.
Bradley, William
Brewster, Delbert O.
Bross, Frank W.
Brown, E. J.
Brown, E. O.
Brown, Edward E.
Brown, Harry B.
Brown, Hugh E.
Brown, John O.
Brown, Louis
Brown, Ray
Brown, Thomas R.
Brown, Wesley
Brownlee, Jess
Bryant, Harry
Burkland, Dr. A.
Campbell, Charles
Canaday, Hamil A.
Cate, Claude C.
Chaney, Charles
Chaney, Ira
Childers, G. A.
Childs, Harry W.
Clark, Frank L.
Clark, Herbert B.
Clark, W. J.
Clark, W. J. H.
Clemens, Cecil A.
Close, R. V.
Clough, C. A.
Coiman, Nick A.
Cole, C. S.
Collins, George H.
Combes, S. E.
Cones, James C.
Conrad, J. T.
Corman, Nick A.
Cormany, George O.
Corwin, W. H.
Craig, Thomas B.
Cross, G. W.
Crowson, W. F.
Crowson, W. J.
Crowson, W. W.
Cunningham, W. B.
Currie, John A.
Daley, Victor H.
Damon, Lloyd L.
Darby, John H.
Darneille, Everett G.
Davenport, William
Davis, Dana M.
Dawson, Harry M.
Dean, Lee
DeArmond, H. L.
Denzer, L. A.
Devore, C.
Dickey, Walter
Dodge, J. M.
Dodge, John
Douglass, George W.
Duff, D. D.
Dunaway, J. H.
Edsall, Thomas L.
Egan, Thomas S.
Elwood, L. R.
Erickson, O. F.
Erskine, W. M.
Farmer, R. F.
Fehl, Earl H.
Fichtner, Carl
Fields, W. C.
Fifer, B. F.
Fifer, R. D.
Finley, Clemma
Finley, Everett
Finley, J. A.
Fisk, George N.
Flaherty, R. D.
Flynn, D. L.
Flynn, Diamond
Flynn, Tom
Forgey, Albert P.
Foster, C. W.
Fredericks, Delmer O.
Frey, O. E.
Frideger, Fred
Fullerton, H. L.
Ganettson, A. R.
Gardner, G. A.
Garnettson, A. R.
Garrett, W. O.
Gates, George E.
Gaylord, W. R.
Gentry, Will G.
Giem, Harry L.
Gilbert, Van R.
Gillespie, Robert
Gillman, George
Gillmore, Charles W.
Gilmore, Charles M.
Glasgow, C. W.
Gleeson, Walter G.
Goble, Dean
Godlove, J. C.
Goold, G. G.
Gore, E. E.
Gore, Jay I.
Gore, W. H.
Gould, George
Gray, Merle C.
Griffin, Charles C.
Grover, H. G.
Haney, B. E.
Hansen, J. P.
Harmon, R. W.
Harrell, Joe
Harrison, C. W.
Harrison, P. B.
Harrison, Renard R.
Harrison, Robert M.
Haswell, H. T.
Haswell, Harry
Haswell, Henry
Hauser, James P.
Haymond, Benjamin
Heimroch, C. R.
Heine, Bliss
Heine, T. G.
Hemstreet, J. W.
Henderson, L. W.
Hendrickson, J. L.
Henry, R. J.
Henselman, Charles F.
Herring, J. C.
Hicks, E.
Hicks, J. E.
Hinman, L. E.
Hodgeman, K. E.
Hogg, F. W.
Holibaugh, F. C.
Howard, George L.
Hubbard, B. F.
Hubers, F. J.
Hulsie, Roscoe
Isaacs, W. F.
Jacobs, Edward F.
Jaqua, E. W.
Johnson, George Edgar
Johnson, M. S.
Johnston, J. F.
Jones, Capriel
Jones, John H.
Joy, B. F.
Judy, John W.
Judy, Torrence T.
Keizur, Clarence A.
Keizur, Walter
Kinz, Dr. George J.
Kirkpatrick, J. W.
Klein, E. J.
Klocker, A. J.
Kunzman, George J.
Laidley, Glenn
Laidley, George W.
Laidley, W. G.
Laison, William C.
Lamb, Milo E.
Lamb, W. R.
Langwill, Frank
Larned, Walter C.
Launspach, Herbert G.
Lednicky, Thomas
Lenney, J. A.
Leonard, Morris B.
Leonard, Paul M.
Lewis, A. W.
Lindas, Benjamin F.
Lindley, G. F.
Locke, William H.
Loder, Frank
Longwill, Frank
Loomis, Gailord M.
Low, J. D.
Lowe, D. M.
Lowe, L. D.
Lozier, John W.
Luman, Charles Wesley
Luman, Will A.
Lundberg, Ed
Maddox, George E.
Madson, James
Maloney, J. P.
Mansfield, George A.
Matney, John M.
Maule, John W.
Maust, O. C.
McCorkle, J. A.
McCredie, Clatous
McDannel, Dennis M.
McDonald, Paul B.
McGraw, N. S.
McIntyre, William B. M.
McKee, F. E.
McKeown, Robert Bruce
McLaughlin, Charlie M.
McMahan, A. T.
McMann, W. S.
McMurtrie, Clyde
McNeff, Fred L.
McReynolds, C. B.
Mee, Charles
Menell, Norman J.
Merrick, E. P.
Miller, Charles H.
Mittelstaedt, A. C.
Mochel, Charles F.
Moffatt, Thomas
Moore, Rawles
Moran, T. L.
Mulkey, B. F.
Murray, Floyd
Myers, O. V.
Neilson, George W.
Noe, C. T.
Nordwick, Arthur R.
Nordwick, Harry F.
Norris, T. C.
O’Brien, J. A.
Offenbacher, Fred
Offenbacher, Leon
Olson, Hans
Palmer, J. B.
Palmer, John
Perry, H. J.
Perry, Jesse T.
Petty, J. T.
Petty, R. A.
Phipps, W. E.
Piche, Albert
Pierce, William G.
Pierson, Carl
Pierson, W. E.
Pollnitz, R. W.
Puhl, Louis
Purl, Henry B.
Pursel, George Henry
Pursell, Charles W.
Pursell, Charles W. Jr.
Rader, M. A.
Rasmussen, H. C.
Ray, Dr. C. R.
Reed, H. J.
Reed, Homer J.
Renard, Charles
Renshaw, Eustace
Rice, E. C.
Richardson, E. J.
Rinabarger, Harry
Robinson, E. F.
Robinson, James C.
Robison, E. F.
Rohrer, W. W.
Root, Edward C.
Rouse, Fred L.
Rouse, T. G.
Ryan, Fred
Salter, R. E.
Sasnett, J. Randolph
Saunders, J. B.
Schell, C. D.
Schmidt, E. F.
Schulz, William H.
Schwartz, Herman
Scutte, C. E.
Seaman, Lloyd E.
Sears, William
Sebreau, F. W.
Sheldon, Ben C.
Shelley, C. W.
Silts, Dave S.
Simonds, Malcolm H.
Sitts, Dave S.
Smith, Aubrey G.
Smith, Roland
Smith, Winfried L.
Snider, E. W.
Snidley, Frank
Snyder, O. S.
Sollar, Levi Oscar
Sowe, D. M.
Springer, D. S.
Sprinkle, L. G.
Sprinkler, L. L.
Stamper, H. G.
Steel, Will G.
Stephenson, R. O.
Stewart, James
Stolz, Harry C.
Stripp, Fred S.
Styles, R. V.
Sullivan, Bert M.
Sunderland, L. K.
Sweeney, Charles T.
Swem, T. M.
Talbert, L. Ray
Talent, Charles P.
Tedrick, Clarence C.
Temple, T. I.
Temple, Thomas T.
Tengwald, Carl Y.
Thomas, C. M.
Thomas, Fern W.
Trautfether, Arthur
Triautaples, Harry
Trowbridge, B. J.
Trowbridge, Ed
Trowbridge, Everett
Trowbridge, Ray
Trowbridge, Ronald
Truax, W. W.
Tuautaples, Harry
Tunnell, E. L.
Turner, A. B.
Turner, Fred G.
Turner, Fred J.
Vance, A. J.
Vance, Borden A. J.
Vance, Winston C.
Verback, Robert
Vilas, Edward Platt
Vilas, J. S.
Vilm, E. N.
Voorhies, Gordon Jr.
Wait, F. Wilson
Wakefield, E. W.
Wakefield, J. W.
Wakefield, Ray
Walker, A. W.
Walker, Clark J.
Walker, Clay E.
Walker, Cleveland F.
Walter, George
Washburn, Howard H.
Watkins, C. B.
Watson, F. J.
Webber, C. K.
Webber, E. L.
Webber, E. S.
Welch, William M.
Wendt, Chester H.
Wendt, George W.
Westerlund, J. A.
Wheeler, Sidney A.
Whillock, C. W.
Whisenant, W. K.
White, Andrew E.
White, Ed M.
Whiting, Louis W.
Williams, H. H.
Williams, Lloyd A.
Willits, Merle M.
Winningham, John
Witcher, Brennon
Woodford, J. R.
Woods, Wallace
Wortman, H. G.
Wortman, Harry G. Jr.
York, Earl H.
York, Fred
Yost, Ray C.
Yothers, W. A.
Young, Paul A.

“K.P. COMMANDER GORE ANNOUNCES 1921 COMMITTEES
    “The following committees are announced by Chancellor Commander E. E. Gore for the coming six months term in Talisman lodge, Knights of Pythias:
    “Entertainment—Bliss Heine, F. A. Haight, H. H. Williams.
    “Banquet committee—Homer Reed, E. C. Rice, Jess Brownlee.
    “Reception committee—R. G. Beach, W. G. Laidley, Jr., J. B. Palmer.
    “Relief committee—Aside from standing committee, Earl Webber, J. W. Wakefield, B. J. Trowbridge.
    “Publicity committee—N. W. Borden, Jas. Stewart, W. R. Gaylord.
    “Members are especially reminded of the lecture next Monday evening by Frank Grant of Portland, in connection with the initiation of the class of seventy-five new men into the first rank.”
[Medford Mail Tribune, January 8, 1921, p. 6]